Shea Butter comes from a nut grown on the Karite tree which is native to Western Africa. It is mainly sourced and harvested by women-run cooperatives and is used in many health and beauty products. Here at Misty Mountain Soap Co. it is a key ingredient in many of our products including soap, lotion bars, body butters, balms, and scrubs. Almost all of our bar soaps contain pure shea butter, along with other natural oils and butters.
- Moisturizing---Shea butter is a rich and effective moisturizer, and raw shea butter soap bars can help to soften your skin and not leave you with that dry, itchy feeling that many bars can.
- Weather protection---Shea butter has a natural spf of six and can help the skin retain moisture, thus preventing the skin from drying out on sunny or windy days.
- Antioxident rich---Shea butter contains antioxidants including vitamin A and E which help to hydrate and restore your skin.
- Anti-inflammatory—Shea butter contains cinnamic acid which has anti-inflammatory properties and is helpful to skin irritations. It has been known to ease the discomforts of eczema, psoriasis, and sunburn.
- Anti-bacterial-The naturally occurring antibacterial compound, cinnamic acid helps to fight bacteria and germs.
- Economic improvement---By using shea butter bar soap you are enabling the women of Africa gain economic advantages to help change the lives of their families.
All of our products are made here in Gatlinburg, TN and we use unrefined raw shea butter in our bar soaps, giving you all the wonderful benefits it has to offer. Just choose your favorite scent and experience shea butter goodness! We also offer African Black soap which is created by the women of Africa. You can find it on our Specialty Soap page.